Hutchinson ’s point strategy system
Some good online poker tips
Online poker players who are very inexperienced when it comes to the various phases and online poker strategies, nearly all make the same rookie mistakes. They play far too many hands. The guide on this page is for complete online poker beginners. If you follow this guide, you will already be way ahead of other complete online poker beginners, who DO NOT know the Hutchinson's online poker point system or other similar poker strategy systems.
- The value of your online poker hand, once the game has started, is important.
- The next important point is where you are sitting in relation to the dealer. If you are far away from the dealer, and there are many to bet before you, you can play more hands than normal.
1. Introduction - Hutchinson ´s online poker point system
The online poker point system and thereby this online poker strategy, which is examined next, is very easy to learn and will prepare you for your first Texas Hold'em game at online poker tables. The point system splits your cards up into numbers or point values, and it is the sum total of your cards that determines how good or bad your online poker hand is before the flop.
2. Position – What is this?
If you are at a 10 man online poker table, the first 3 positions, i.e. the first 3 online poker players after “the big blind”, are considered as early positions; the next 3 are middle positions, and those following are late positions.
3. Online poker card values
Ace = 16 points, King = 14 points, Queen = 13 points, Jack = 12 points, 10 cards = 11 points. The remaining cards from 2 up to and including 9 have the same card values as the numbers written on them. So a 3 is worth 3, and so forth.
4. Point allocation
- If there are 2 places or gaps between your cards (example: 8-x-x-5) add 1 point.
- If there is a gap in your cards (example: 5-"x"-3) add 2 points.
- If your cards are sequential (example: 9-8) add 3 points.
- If your cards are the same suit - add 4 points.
- If you have a pair, add 10 points.
5. Online poker strategy – In practice do as follows:
Your online poker strategy may be to play good online poker hands, where the sum of your online poker hand according to the above points total a minimum of 30 points or higher. If no raise has been made, these online poker hands can be played from all positions.
- In the middle position you should play online poker hands with a point sum of a minimum 27 points or higher, if no RAISE has been made previously.
- In the last position, if no raise has been made, your online poker hand must have a value of a minimum of 25 points or higher in order to play.
- Use CALL or RAISE after a RAISE if your online poker hand in the early position totals at least34 points or higher. If you are in the middle position, your online poker hand must equal 31 points or higher. If you are in the last position, your online poker hand must equal 29 points or higher.
6. Summary - Hutchinson’s online point strategy system
Should you choose to only play online poker hands of 30 points or higher then you have chosen to only play the best online poker hands, and this is your online poker strategy. Based on statistical simulations, it has been calculated that all hands with a total point score of 30 or more will 17 win out of 100 games (17%) in an online poker game at a 10 man table.